Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Bottom of a Ditch

So there I found myself, in the bottom of a ditch. You know how sometimes people do things without really thinking of the consequences? That was me a few years ago when I decided to follow my dreams not knowing that I was creating my own recipe for disaster.

I wasn't anything special. A typical jeans and sweatshirt type of person who intentionally avoids all forms of social drama because of how exhausting all this nonsense can get. I went to school then soccer practice and then straight home. I have -well had three friends whom I thought I can count on for my life, but apparently they're willing to sell it for free. I lived with my grandparents while my parents were busy traveling the world. It wasn't bad actually. As long as I did my own dishes and laundry, they were happily content. My grandpa was a bit old so he couldn't really understand my story. His solution to anything and everything was two pills of Tylenol My grandma had a motherly nature and a good eye for things. She always thought I was bad in social situations, but she never failed to give me good adice and words of comfort.

So how did I end up there? How did I drag myself to the bottom of the hole away from everyone I ever knew and trusted? It's as simple as this. We had a soccer game, and the team relied on me. For the first time ever, I was put right at the center of attention. Although it made me feel happy, but it also made me nervous. I went to the game with complete confidence and utter nervousness. I did not want to let anyone down, but I was so thrilled. The game started and everything was going perfectly fine. Neither teams scored yet, but we had control over the game. Then all of the sudden, there she was, between the crowds, looking at me, waving and smiling. I lost focus. The girl of my dreams, the girl I have been dreaming about since 8th grade is looking at me. BAM there goes the goal. 1-0 to the other team and it happened right in fornt of my eyes. It was an easy one to stop, but I wasn't focusing, I was waving back. The coach yelled, screamed, kicked the water bottles, and I snapped out of it. I was back in the game, and I scored: 1-1. The game kept on going like that. It was the half time and I went to the locker rooms just to find her there waiting for me. I was overjoyed, I couldn't stop myself from smiling. She was the most popular girl in school and she was waiting for me! She kissed me on the cheek and told me I was a star. I was flying, I couldn't believe it. She told me that although I am winning, she wants me to lose. She didn't care about victory, all she wanted was to see me play soccer. All this time, she liked me and I didn't have a clue.

I went back to the game full of energy, yet the game was the least of my concerns, the girl of my dreams liked me. As the game proceeded, my life started going down the drain, slightly and slowly. The second goal, the third, the forth. Our coach was screaming, stomping, yelling, and as red as a tomato. I still did not care, she was sitting there between the crowds waving for me. 1 more minute and the game was coming to an end. I looked at the crowd but I couldn't find her. I turned all around to receive the shock of my life. There she was at the benches of our opponents waiting for her boyfriend from the other team to celebrate his victory with her. I was fooled. I was the most hated guy in the school, and I was kicked out of the soccer team.

My life became nothing but a tuna can. Stinky, disgusting, and insignificant. I lost the only things I had and there I was in the bottom of a ditch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment